Friday, May 20, 2011

Nail MATTErs

Finally I have found a matte nail polish! I was out searching for uniform fabrics when I came across the beauty section of the department store. So naturally, my feet took control and led me to the nail polish section AND TADAAAAA.





 I found this tiny bottle of matte nail polish! This one here is the SkinFood #7 Rose Gunnpang Nail which costs Php375 or $7-$8. I was actually surprised with the price considering that other brands of matte nail polish here are expensive. I checked their website and the only description I could find was the color name and that it weighs about 7g. The bottle is pretty small and compact, probably for quick fixes, and it had a frosted glass look. There are other several colors like black, blue and the like. I forgot the name of the shades but you can check out their website here.


Here is a close up photo of my "matte" nails. The consistency is about the same as a regular nail polish although this one dried up a few seconds after applying it on my nails. I sort of messed up with my thumb, I wasn't able to apply it smoothly on the first coat and it dried too fast to correct it so when I applied the second coat, it had these ridges which completely messed up the finish.


A photo from a distance. I would say that it does look pretty clean and very elegant. No top coats were applied although the sales assistant told me that they had this top coat that was for the matte polish. They didn't have any stock at hand so I wasn't able to get to test it. I'd like to try out other brands and see if they score better or worse than this one. Although this one is pretty cheap compared to others.

Until my next update!


No comments:

Post a Comment